Last Modified: 2001-11-24T08:00Z
Since I have recently finished the new layout for DeZine (it still needs a lot of tweaking, though), I was putting all of the layout data into a DML Template file so I could start adding some content when I decided to make it so that parameters were scanned for DML elements. While implementing that, I decided to start on a massive reorganization of the DML format. For one thing, PCRE has been removed from DMLparse since it is a HUGE hassle to work with. Also, I changed the style of DML elements and came up with the bright idea of having named parameters to DML tags. Also enclosed stuff like <(tag)>this<(/)> is in the works. Big changes, but I am getting very close to a release!